Visit historic Malacca City, the capital of the Malaysian state of Malacca, on this guided, full-day sightseeing tour from Kuala Lumpur. Visit some of the most popular top sites in this UNESCO World Heritage City, like the 16th-century, Portuguese St. Paul’s Church and A Famosa fortress, Christ Church, the Stadthuys in the Red Square and much more. Enjoy a traditional Malaysian lunch and explore Jonker Street, the center street of Chinatown. Hotel pickup and drop-off and any necessary entrance fees are included.
- Day trip to Malacca from Kuala Lumpur
- Walk up St Paul’s Hill and visit the ruins of St Paul’s Church
- Get panoramic views of the Malacca Strait and Bandar Hilir
- Savor a typical Nyonya lunch in a local restaurant
- Stroll through antique row of Jonker Street and take in the bustling street market
- Learn the history of this important colonial port from your knowledgeable guide
What You Can Expect
After a Kuala Lumpur hotel pickup, travel approximately two hours south in a comfortable, air-conditioned motor coach for a full day of sightseeing in Malacca City on the Malay Peninsula’s southwest coast.
Begin with a visit to the Stadthuys, a historical landmark structure located in the heart of Malacca City in the Red Square. Then take in a panoramic view of Malacca City and the surrounding region from the top of St. Paul’s Hill, which features historic St. Paul’s Church, the oldest church building in Malaysia and Southeast Asia and part of the Malacca Museum Complex.
Enjoy a traditional Malaysian lunch at a local eatery, then follow the guide to Jonker Street, the center street of Chinatown. Once renowned for its antique shops, Jonker Street now features clothing and craft outlets as well as restaurants.
Finally, visit the A Famosa fortress, which is among the oldest surviving European architectural remains in southeast Asia, and stop at Cheng Hoon Teng, a Chinese temple practicing the Three Doctrinal Systems of Taoism, Confucianism and Buddhism. The tour ends with a return trip to Kuala Lumpur.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Please note that this tour comprises of a pick-up from hotels mainly located within Kuala Lumpur city area only. Otherwise, guests are advised to meet at a central departure point. Details will be advised by the local tour company operating this tour in due course.
For more information about Asian tours, please visit our website. Have a nice trip!